You can apply via UCAS (University and Colleges Admissions Service) www.ucas.com/students/apply . Our UCAS code is W615F BA/Anm.
For further information about applying to Farnham please click on www.ucreative.ac.uk/ba-animation/apply
Once you have applied you will probably be asked to attend an interview - we like to meet our prospective students!
At the interview you should bring along a portfolio which contains a range of your work that shows your interest and passion for animation.
We would expect that a typical portfolio would contain all or most of the following:
- Examples of your drawing skills shown through both life drawing and original, observational drawing ie. not copied from photos or illustrations.
- Personal ideas and image generation work in sketchbooks – in addition to the work you have had to create for your course.
- Examples of your recent course work. You do not need to include every piece of work (only your best) and we are often more interested in the process rather than the end product.
- Evidence of animation if possible. This should ideally be easily viewable either from a memory stick or online. The showreel should be no longer than two minutes and should be edited to show only your work if possible.
At the interview we will probably ask you:
- Why have you chosen to study animation?
- What films have you seen that have inspired you? We would hope you go beyond the latest Pixar release or if that is your answer then please be specific about what exactly it is about the film which inspires you - the character design, script, plot or animation for example.
- Why do you want to study animation at Farnham?
- What sort of films do you want to make?