The Animation course has excellent equipment, a range of workshops, camera rooms, editing rooms and studios:
- An animation studio with 9 Mac workstations, light boxes, 5 line testers and 4 high-speed batch scanners. All Macs in the studio offer a range of software including the full Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro and TVPaint.
- Two model animation studios offering five pre-rigged stages including dedicated Mac computers, Dragonframe, Canon DSLRs cameras and professional camera stands.
- Animation rostrum room with 3 digital rostrums and a 16mm film rostrum all with Macs running Dragonframe animation capture software.
- The Computer Animation Suites house industry-standard equipment of 35 3D PC workstations with Maya and the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Acting classes are a popular and invaluable tool to help students develop such core animation skills as that of bringing their characters to life.
- The University Equipment Hire Dept. contain related media based equipment available for Animation including sound recording equipment, camera kits, tripods, digital recorders and Wacom tablets.
- In terms of sound post production the University features three ProTools suites and a professional sound studio with voice-over booth.
- The course also has access to the standard University software programmes, such as the Microsoft Office suite alongside industry standard software such as Photoshop, After Effects and all applications included in the Adobe CC suite.